DIEGO RIVERA


A Dream of a Sunday Afternoon in Alameda Park by Diego Rivera Fresco, 1947-8


I started out late. This was my last day in Mexico City. Tomorrow I was heading back to London, and it was my only chance to see Diego Rivera's famous mural. By the time I had arrived, it was already late afternooon.

But I chose the wrong day, and arrived to find there was a concert takiing place in the hall where the famous mural was located. Not only was I not able to take normal photos, but I was also prevented from using the flash on my camera. The lighting was subdued to match the mood of the concert, more bad news for me.

Under the circumstances, I did the best I could, taking shots from the balcony. And here are a few of them. And yes, I did enjoy the concert somewhat.















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In Pursuit of Agave Palmeri