EASYJET AIRLINES: One Bag Rule

Last night I was on my way back from Barcelona on late flight to Stansted Airport. After an easy security check, I headed for the gate, in what I saw as uneventful journey back home. I usually up for the online check-in since these short breaks never involve a lot of luggage.


I surrendered my boarding pass, and strolled towards the plane. I encountered another official who needed to see my passport. After checking my passport, he informed me that I was breaking Easyjet 'One bag rule'. I told him that I did not undersatand what he meant, because I had only one bag. He told me that I had two bags, as he pointed at the laptop around my neck. I commented that a laptop could never constitute a bag. He insisted that I had to get rid of one bag, and perhaps pay £22 to have it checked. Or that a simpler way, was to place all items in my other bag.


I had to suffer the indignity of having to repack my travelling bag on the doorsteps of the plane, simply to satisfy the whim of an over zealous official. The laptop had to be removed from around my neck and literally stuffed into my bag, crushing all items in its way. Once inside the plane, things got back to to normal, and they were separated again.


The evolution of the budget airlines has made a significant change to the airline industry. There is no doubt that it has allowed travellers to visit places where usually they would not have been. But now they seem to have entered a myopic phase of ridiculousness. The ludicrous idea that airlines can invent rules to for cosmetic purposes must be stopped. The time has come, for even budget airlines, to show much more serious considerations for the well-being of its passengers.


Comments

sabbaar said…
i hope that you can grow orbea variegata .. its very nice and easy too .. really thanks for the comments .. happy times for you

Popular posts from this blog

In Pursuit of Agave Palmeri